We are committed to protecting and safeguarding your privacy. We will only use the
information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection
act 1998). This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views).
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored
by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser
requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track
the web browser.
We may use both "session" cookies and "persistent" cookies on the website. We will
use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We
will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you
make subsequent visits to this website.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser.
Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they
reach a specified expiry date.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates
statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are
stored on users' computers. The information generated relating to our website is
used to create reports about the use of the website. Google will store this information.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to
reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse
all cookies by clicking "Tools", "Internet Options", "Privacy", and selecting "Block
all cookies" using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have
a negative impact upon the usability of many websites[, including this one.
3. Using your personal data
Personal data submitted on this website will be used for the purposes specified
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website.
- improve your browsing experience by personalisingthe website.
- enable your use of the services available on the website.
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish
and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any
third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
We may disclose information about you to any of our employees, officers, agents,
suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes as
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
to third parties.
5. International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between
any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries which do not have
data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Areas
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website
may be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around
6. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the
loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password-
and firewall- protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot
guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
7. Policy amendments
our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with
8. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently
fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by
email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance
to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you
with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
9, Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy
policies or practices of third party websites.
10. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to
be corrected or updated.
data, please write to us by email or post via the details on our contact page.