Fisher™ 4200 Position Transmitter
Enquire about this Product
The Fisher 4200 position transmitter senses the position of rotary or sliding-stem valves, vents, dampers, or other devices. When the instrument is mounted, a potentiometer shaft is mechanically connected to the device to sense mechanical motion. The instrument has standard or long-stroke capabilities for sliding-stem actuator applications. For long-stroke applications, a multi-turn potentiometer attached to a travel transducer assembly is used to sense linear motion of the actuator stem or other devices. This instrument with standard capabilities can also be used on quarter-turn actuators.
Valve Type: Positioners
Sub-Type: Fisher Positioners
- To eliminate the need for externally mounted mechanical limit switches, instruments with travel limit alarms incorporate comparator circuits that monitor the sense potentiometer voltage output.
- Electronic travel limit alarms have an adjustable deadband up to 10 percent of the maximum span.
- The instrument, even with travel limit alarms, uses little space when mounted, allowing room for additional devices.
- A simple hybrid electronic design combines the best qualities of discrete components and integrated circuits for improved reliability and performance.
- The field wiring compartment is isolated from the electronic compartment. This protects the electronic circuits from any moisture brought into the housing via the field wiring ports.